Asset Tracking for a connected car
Geo-localising vehicles via IoT sensors
Artificial Intelligence can be used as a way to track vehicles through IoT sensors, both outdoors and indoors. In the automotive industry, the creation of a long-range, asset-tracking system facilitates the management of the vehicles during testing and development. Telemetric techniques make it possible to geolocate and monitor the vehicles in real time. Thanks to the information gathered by IoT sensors and processed through data science algorithms, it is possible to analyse on board anomalies and perform predictive maintenance on the vehicles.
Asset Monitoring & Predictive Maintenance: the foundations of the connected car
Name of the project
Often in the Automotive Industry one needs to plan testing for the cars that are being produced. The development of prototypes and the testing of solutions before serial productions entails tools of multi-tasking management of the vehicle fleet.
To optimise Asset Tracking devices and software, one needs to put in place:
- A system which assigns Asset Tracking hardware to install on the individual vehicles.
- An Asset Tracking Software to book the vehicles and manage usage-related authorisations.
- A device to visualise in real time all the available vehicles, together with Car Tracking Systems to monitor the routes that are being tested and the relative duration.
- A Geofencing system which notifies when the vehicles enter or exit delimited rest areas
- A functioning Master Data Management architecture which acts as a repository for the data gathered through telemetry techniques.