COMANAGE, paving the road to success with energy communities
How to encourage the uptake and long-term success of energy communitiesThe project originates from the evidence that citizen-led and public-participated energy community projects often struggle to take off and grow in the medium and long term due to a diverse range of barriers. To tackle them, COMANAGE aims to facilitate sustainability and growth in renewable energy communities by co-creating an open-source toolkit to support their governance and management.
our solutionThe project will develop the following tools:
- An online and virtual space will be created to allow the exchange of information and practices, mutual learning, discussion and debates.
- A training programme & E-learning platform aim to provide the managerial knowledge to support public actors in managing the daily issues and more specifically the growth of public energy communities.
- A Decision Support System (DSS) will make available useful information for decision-making processes from data that will be collected by the partners during the project.
- Three pilot areas will be testing the COMANAGE toolkit: Kraków Metropolitan Area (Poland), ANCI Lazio (Italy), and Àrea Metropolitana de Barcelona (Spain).
- A Digital Hub will sustain the stakeholders’ mobilisation and operationalisation throughout the project, and it will be open and accessible to other interested cooperative projects and public administrations.
- The training programme & E-learning platform will be accessible to interested parties via an open and free access platform.
- The Decision Support System (DSS) is based on the idea of being an open platform and will support local and regional public authorities in choosing and applying the best models, services and tools for the Energy Communities Governance tailored to their needs and context.
- IThe project will provide follow-up and long-term roadmaps to facilitate the development of energy communities. COMANAGE will also provide a digital toolkit proposing a series of legal, administrative, financial, social and organisational tools.